September 27, 2017

What's Up Wednesday (September 2017)...

Happy Humpday y'all! I was off work yesterday for an appointment in the Queen City so today is a Wednesday that feels like a Monday and it has me all sorts of messed up. But, thankfully, it is actually Wednesday AND it's the last Wednesday of the month which means it's time for the What's Up Wednesday link up with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer. I've had good intentions to link up with them numerous times and never followed through but today is finally the day I do! Here we go:

What I'm eating this week
This week has started off rough with eating proper meals. I haven't cooked once yet this week. In my defense I worked on Sunday and didn't get home until 7:15, worked a 10 hour shift on Monday and didn't get home until just after 6:00, and didn't get home from an appointment in the Queen City until after 8:00 last night. Sunday night I had leftovers from the supper I made on Saturday (Chicken Noodle Casserole from here), Monday I had Eggo waffles because I couldn't muster up the energy to do anything put press the toaster down after a 10 hour work day while sick, and yesterday I ate lunch at the food court in the mall before my appointment and then ate Skinny Pop popcorn on the drive home (#adulting). I also work until 6:00 tonight so I imagine tonight is going to be another thrown together meal. BUT I have plans to make this Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup this week as well as these Loaded Baked Potato Bites. 

What I'm reminiscing about
My nieces being babies. Almost every day I have a Facebook memory pop up about something funny that they said or an adorable picture of them but just this month they turned 7 and 11 and I'm realizing that they're not my little babies anymore and I just want to cry into a bottle of wine about it!

What I'm loving
All the Fall colours. It might not be my favourite season but it's definitely beautiful! 
I took this photo (on my crappy iPhone, mind you) of the fog over the valley behind my parents house the other morning. This season is just so fun to photograph!
What I've been up to
Work, work, and more work. I'm testing out a couple of different schedules for myself to see what best fits my life at this time (and what doesn't add up to a bunch of overtime each week!) and I'm hoping that by the end of October I get myself on a regular schedule (and no.more.overtime). Also, my seasonal allergies have been kicking my butt and gave me a sinus infection so when I haven't been working I've been in bed. I'm trying out a new nasal spray and allergy medication so hopefully things are all smooth sailing from now on!

What I'm dreading
Having to get a pap test done (TMI, I know). I'm overdue for a pap test (just by a few months) and have been putting it off but just yesterday I found out that my doctor is leaving in January so I need to call to book it asap before she leaves and there aren't any women doctors left in the area. 

What I'm working on
Project life albums from 2012-now. I am so behind and its very overwhelming but I just need to keep on trucking with it so I can finally be caught up (and stay caught up!)

What I'm excited about
All the upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away, we're just over a month until Halloween, AND ITS LESS THAN THREE MONTHS UNTIL CHRISTMAS NOW! Can you tell I'm just a tiny bit excited?! (haha)
 christmas movies will ferrell elf santas coming GIF
source
What I'm watching/reading
I'm preparing myself to start watching the first season of This is Us this weekend now that it's on Canadian Netflix (I PVR'd last nights premiere for when I'm finally caught up). Otherwise I don't get to invested in tv shows because I just don't make the time to stay up to date with them. 

I just finished my annual Harry Potter series re-read and am now currently making my way through The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand. Then I'm all out of new reads so send me your recommendations! So far I'm at 27 books for the year and I'd really like to get to at least 45 before the year ends.

What I'm listening to
I'm still loving all the songs from this months Currently post but I've also added Legends by Kelsea Ballerini into the mix.  
What I'm wearing
This coat from the A New Day line for Target any chance that I get. It's not quite cold enough for it yet but I've had it since July so I held off long enough and as soon as it was officially Fall the coat went on. I LOVE it and wish I would have also gotten it in the gray colour as well. Hopefully next time I make it to Target they will still have it - fingers crossed!

source
What I'm doing this weekend
Taking some photos for a friend and her boyfriend for their Christmas card and hopefully some photos of my sister and her girls. I'm not a professional (obviously) but I want to work on my skills so I volunteered my services to do some photos so I can get some practice in. Hopefully the weather co-operates!
What I'm looking forward to next month
Halloween! 

 movies 2 sandra bullock nicole kidman dianne wiest GIF
source
What else is new
Life is still just flying by and I once again can't believe another month is almost gone. This month my Twin (aka my cousin) moved home after a little over a year out in BC so I'm happy that she's home and I'll get to see her more often. I have plans to meet up with a bunch of different friend groups in October to catch up so that something to look forward to. And I'm not sure yet when I'll be seeing MN next so him and I need to figure that out asap!

What's Up Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for Halloween - it's my favorite holiday. I can't believe it's so soon until Christmas though. I really need to get started on figuring gifts so I'm not behind Normally I have a lot figured out already.

    I really need to start making food ahead of time as well; I haven't eaten TOO bad lately but it's still not the best.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com