December 6, 2017

December Goals (2017)...

Happy December y'all! I was away for most of last week and am just finally getting back into a routine from being gone so I'm just now getting a chance to sit down and write out my goals for December (still can't believe this year is almost over...). But first, my November goals progress. 

In November I Wanted To...
Learn how to dutch braid 
I've practiced a few times but I'm still not confident enough in my skills to actually leave the house with them in. And y'all - it hurts to hold my arms up for that long while I braid! 

Order 2017 photos 
Once again, no. At this rate it will be 2020 before I get them ordered...

Get back into a fitness routine
Not exactly... I did do yoga a couple of times during the month so at least there's that but I definitely didn't get to where I wanted to. 

Sew something 
MN bought Krickit some bandanas at the State Fair in August but they were too big and she kept getting her leg caught so I sewed one of them so that her collar can go through it so that won't happen anymore. I also mended a pair of leggings that had a hole in the thigh. I did have to get my SIL to help me thread my sewing machine, it had been that long since I had touched it. Yikes

Start my Christmas baking
I barely made a dent in it but I did start so I can still cross it off. This weekend is my big baking weekend to get everything ready for Cookie Swap and then the following weekend I'll probably make a few more things before finishing up with cinnamon rolls the weekend before Christmas. I love baking during the Christmas season!

Decorate for Christmas 
I make sure to wait until after Remembrance Day to start decorating and because I was in Yorkton overnight on the 11th and didn't get home until late the night of the 12th I put all my decorations out and got my tree up on the 13th of November. I've been loving snuggling up under my Christmas flannel sheets at night while watching a Christmas movie with all my lights on.

Wrap gifts and complete at least 50% of my shopping
This is the first year in a loooong time that I've been this ahead of the game. I have about 1/4 of my presents wrapped (and will be finishing what I can tonight) and only have a few presents to buy for my parents and I am DONE. It feels soooo good to not have to worry about all of that and can instead focus on enjoying the Christmas season 

Read a book 
I read two books in November, which for me isn't that many but considering I didn't read a single one in October it's still better than that. I finally finished The Identicals and also read Kiss Mommy Goodbye . I can't believe it took me this long to finish The Identicals - it did start off a little slow but once I got into it I breezed through it and finished it within an hour and a half of being on the train last Tuesday night. 

Order Christmas cards 
I ordered cards through Shutterfly during the Black Friday sale and can't wait until they get here! 

Try a new restaurant 
MN and I went to 7th Street Social in St.Paul last Thursday night. MN has been before but this was my first time. He always gets the fish and chips because he says the fish is really good (I don't eat anything that swims so I'll take his word for it) and I had the Chicken Parm Pasta. It was delish and I'd definitely go back and probably order the same thing because of how good it was. I'm a creature of habit, what can I say

7 out of 10 completed, that's not so bad! Now onto my December goals.


In December I Want To...

Publish at least 12 blog posts
Considering I only published 6 in November and it's already the 6th of the month and this is my first post this is a pretty lofty goal for me but I do have lots of fun ideas for posts this month so I'm going to attempt it at least 

Complete everything from my Fall Bucket List 
I technically have until the 20th to complete everything before Winter officially starts but since I've been in full on Christmas mode for weeks already I'd like to get this completed asap

Send out Christmas cards
They should arrive before next Wednesday and then I can get them in the mail/deliver to local friends/family. Hopefully they actually arrive when they are supposed to. Let's not talk about the year that they were supposed to arrive before Christmas and I got them at the end of January...

Workout at least 10 times 
I'm sick of feeling like crap and hiding behind baggy sweaters. 10 times doesn't seem like that many  but since I've been saying I'm going to get back into a fitness routine since I fell out of one (probably in July?) and haven't I'm going to ease myself into it. And if I over accomplish this goal then great! 

Craft something 
I have lots of ideas and hopefully will get more than one done but just so I don't stress myself out I'll stick with one for the sake of my goals

Watch a Christmas movie every night before bed 
I'll probably still be doing this well into January...

Try two new recipes from my Mmm Mmm Good board 
I finally got my hands on some Rice a Roni Long Grain and Wild Rice (it's not sold in Canada) so I'm definitely going to finally try this recipe 

Cross everything off of my Holiday Bucket List (coming later this week)
I am so excited for this. I love lists and I love the holiday season so put the two things together and I'm a happy camper

Since I'll also be crossing things off of my Holiday Bucket List I'm going to leave it at 8 goals for the month just so I don't overwhelm myself. 

What are your goals for December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com