November 29, 2017

What's Up Wednesday (November 2017)...

Happy humpday y'all! I'm actually writing this on Tuesday morning because I'm heading out of town until Sunday so now I've really messed myself up on what day it actually is. 

November was a crazy busy month and once again the month just flew by. I was chatting with someone yesterday and she said she couldn't believe it was almost December and my response was that I can't believe it's almost 2018! I feel like I was just in the Twin Cities for NYE and now here we are just a little over a month until a new year. It's crazy! With November being so busy I didn't make it here as much as I would have liked to but I do want to get one last post in before the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be better at posting in December because there's just so much to write about during the Christmas season! But before we head into December I have a life update of sorts for the end of November. 

What I'm Eating This Week...
Sunday night was homemade pizza that I bought from the local figure skating club fundraiser (best pizza crust I've ever had!) and Monday night I made goulash. I imagine the rest of the week I'll be eating out (eeek) with being out of town. Wednesday night MN and I are meeting up with his sister and her boyfriend and going to a brewery and getting food from a food truck. I also made it a November goal to try a new restaurant so I told MN he needs to pick somewhere new for us to go. I've never been to Trader Joes (crazy, right?!) so I told MN he has to take me there this visit so maybe I'll be able to convince him we should eat in one night and we can pick something up from there. 

What I'm Reminiscing About...
Past Christmases. I LOVE Summer and, for the most part, loathe Winter and yet the Christmas season is my absolute favourite time of year. 

What I'm Loving...
The gorgeous weather that SE SK has been getting. There was quite a bit of snow on the ground just a week ago but with the warm temperatures almost all of the snow has melted and (almost) all of the ice buildup on the roads is gone. It's been great but it definitely feels like Spring so will be weird when we get Winter weather again and have to start all over with Winter. 

What I'm Dreading...
The train ride to/from the Twin Cities. I don't mind the train itself but it's the anxiety that goes along with taking it. In the Winter months it never seems to be on time and sometimes its so full that it's hard to find a seat.  It's just super annoying and I'd much rather drive but the convenience of the train ride being overnight and saving me two days of travel always beats out driving. 

What I'm Working On...
My Holiday Bucket List. I can't wait to start crossing things off of it! I told MN that we have to do a bunch of Christmas-y things while I'm there because I won't be back until after Christmas so I need to get everything in while I'm there. That includes driving around and looking at Christmas lights, getting Christmas-y beverages from Caribou, watching Christmas movies, and going to Marshalls or Home Goods to look for Christmas decor. 

What I'm Excited About...
Seeing MN for the first time in over a month. And of course Christmas! 

What I'm Watching/Reading...
I've been watching all.the.Christmas movies lately. I've rewatched the same three ones on Netflix at least five times each over the last few days. I need some new material! And while at my sisters the other night I 'stole' three books from her shelf so I have some new reading material for the train. I can't remember the titles but they're by Gillian Flynn and Joy Fielding. I haven't read a single book since September (which is so weird for me) but I'm sure that by the time I get home on Sunday I will have read all three that I took with me for my trip. 

What I'm Listening To...
Christmas music any chance I get! 

Image result for i love christmas gif

What I'm Wearing...
As I write this I'm wearing my new pajamas from Old Navy. I just couldn't resist the 40% off deal. And I mean, weiner dogs wearing winter gear? Adorbs!

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
I get on the train to head back home from the Twin Cities on Saturday night and then on Sunday I'm going to hopefully finish my Christmas shopping once I get to Minot. However, North Dakota has the silly 'Blue' law so no stores open until noon on Sunday so I don't know what I'm going to do for three hours while I wait for the stores to open. There's only so much coffee I can drink at Starbucks. This may be the only time I hope my train is actually running late...

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Christmas! And all of the things that come along with the Christmas season like the annual cookie swap with friends, watching Home Alone a million and twelve times, going on a Twinkle Tour on Christmas Eve, etc, etc.  I'm also really looking forward to watching the Olympic Trials for Men's and Women's curling (my Canadian is showing... haha).  

What Else is New...
Not much else is new, I'm just trying to relax and enjoy the Christmas season instead of being stressed out and feeling rushed to get all.the.things done before Christmas. This is actually the first year in quite a few years that I won't be mad rushing to get all my Christmas presents wrapped on Christmas Eve. This year I am about 80% done my Christmas shopping and it's not even December yet! I even have quite a few Christmas gifts wrapped already. Go me! Just having that 'weight' off of my shoulders should help me to slow down and enjoy all the days leading up to Christmas (I hope anyways!). 
whatsupwedupdated

1 comment:

  1. Trader Joe's is great. We don't have one around here, and I am planning what we will buy when we go to the one near my in-laws'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com