October 10, 2017

Currently (October 2017)...

Today is another Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday BUT I've only got a four day work week ahead of me so I can get on board with that, even if it feels like I'm living out Monday twice (yuck. Mondays are the worst). 

This weekend was Thanksgiving here in the GWN, which meant a long weekend for me (though it flew by just like a regular weekend does...). It was a combination of relaxation mixed in with getting things done, which is just the way I like it. 

Since today is a Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday I thought I'd go easy on myself and throw up this month's Currently post so I wouldn't have to exhaust my brain too much before getting back to work after three days off. 
Currently...

Reading  The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand. I'm about 1/4 of the way through but I haven't really gotten into it yet, which is why it's been in my reading pile for so long now. I think that after finishing the Harry Potter series again anything is going to seem dull compared to those books! I probably should have started off with a mystery/suspense novel instead of The Identicals but I will finish it. Eventually...

Listening to my tv playing in the background as I sit in bed writing this. I've still been loving Legends by Kelsea Ballerini and I also added Sorry Not Sorry by Demi Lovato to my Spotify playlist. My playlist (that I listen to whenver I'm at my desk at work) is usually just full of country music but I got Sorry Not Sorry stuck in my head while in my sisters vehicle last week so I added it to my playlist and I'm actually really loving it.

Celebrating Thanksgiving! Well, I guess Thanksgiving is now technically over but I was celebrating Thanksgiving over the weekend. My family always celebrates Thanksgiving on Sunday instead of on Monday and my Mama Bear made another ah-mazing Thanksgiving feast for us. There was SO much food and still lots of leftover turkey to make some Turkey Fried Rice and Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup for supper tonight.  I love that Thanksgiving in Canada is in October because it kickstarts the holiday season leading up to my absolute two favourite holidays - Halloween and Christmas. 

Watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2. I've been watching all of the movies over the last week after finishing all of the books again, but I've really just had them on as background noise while I do other things. I plan to have a proper Harry Potter movie marathon day where I watch all of the movies so I can actually pay attention to them all (I've only actually seen a few of the movies from start to finish). My sister asked to borrow the movies when she found out I owned them all so I think I'll just force her to binge watch them with me one weekend coming up. 

Working on decluttering my life while also decorating for the holidays, which really doesn't mesh well. I can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated that I really don't have a use for anymore (but also don't want to just throw out). I'm an impulsive shopper but I pretty much have to be when I live 2 1/2 hours from a city with any decent shopping. If I took my time making a decision on whether to purchase something I wouldn't have anything because I never get anywhere! I need to have a huge garage sale but it's a little late in the year to be doing that (aka it's too dang cold out now!).

Drinking all the Cranberry Ginger Ale.  Now that it's officially the holiday season (I think so anyways) I feel like I have to drink them (it doesn't hurt that they are delish). I usually have at least a full case in my fridge at all times, just in case, because there were a couple years that they were super hard to find and I had to ration myself to one a month. I really don't drink much pop at home but when the holidays hit I just have to have some Cranberry Ginger Ale. I also picked up some Tim Horton's French Vanilla mix while in the Queen City a couple weeks ago and I've been having a cup of that a few times a week before bed. The closest Tim Hortons is 45 minutes away so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! And it's sooo yummy y'all! 

Waiting, not so patiently, for my car payment to finally come out of my account. This was on my last currently post too - I'm just SO close to having my SUV paid off that I just want to know for sure for sure how much I have left owing on her and when the funds don't come out of my account on the day that they're supposed to I get super stabby. I've probably checked my account at least 5 times already today (and it's only 6:30 in the morning...). I know yesterday was a holiday but it should have came out of my account anyways! 

Wearing an oversized hoodie and baggy Under Armour sweats to hide how much Thanksgiving food I consumed between the actuall supper on Sunday and the leftovers yesterday. It's a very good thing I only eat like that a couple times a year! 

Anticipating MN coming to the GWN next weekend. By then it will be almost 5 weeks since we last saw each other. Now I just need to figure out what we'll do while he's here!

Loving the forecast for this upcoming week. Yesterday had a high of 5 (it was pretty chilly!) but the rest of the week is supposed to be warmer. I need to soak it all in before the snow falls. 

Making  a meal plan for the next two weeks. I've realized the hard way that failing to plan is planning to fail when it comes to supper time and I do not want to be getting off of work and still having no idea what I'm going to have for supper. Those last minute trips to the grocery store make me SO stabby! I haven't completely finished the meal plan yet but I've got supper for tonight figured out so at least there's that. I think once I do have a plan in place I'll post it on here - I know I love posts like that to give me some new ideas!
What's your favourite go-to dinner recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com