February 13, 2014

We Are Winter...

The past few weeks I have been glued to the television watching sporting events. Normally, I'm not a fan of watching sports on tv, unless it's football (CFL only), curling, or the Olympics. Curling has been on non-stop for the last little while with the Continental Cup, provincial playdowns, and then the Scotties.I also got into the Superbowl this year. Initially I planned on cheering for the Seahawks because there is a player from Regina on the team, but then I started rooting for the Broncos because everyone loves a Cinderella/come back from behind story (which obviously they didn't). 

Thankfully, the time I have been waiting for for four years has finally arrived - the Olympics. I love both Summer and Winter but Winter has a slight edge for me since there is curling involved. It doesn't hurt that Canada always does so well at the Winter ones either... 

The DVR at home is full of Olympic events that I need to catch up on (good thing this weekend is a loong one!). I'm so dedicated I woke up at 4 AM yesterday just to watch a curling round robin game - Team Canada versus Great Britain. It helps that Team Jones, representing Canada, has been my favourite team for almost ten years. I cried when they won the Olympic trials. I cry when I read articles about them. The Olympics just make we weepy, period. They bring out my patriotic side and make me so proud to be Canadian. Almost makes me rethink my plans to move to NYC. (I said almost...). 

So far Canada has 10 medals - 4 gold, 4 silver, and 2 bronze, and there's still a lot of events that Canada is favourited in. Canada's slogan for these Olympics is 'We Are Winter' - and that couldn't be more true.

Now, you should head on over to Taunia's blog and check out today's post. Taunia lives in 'the city' and is friends with a good friend of mine,  Mallory. Mallory is guest posting for Taunia while she is on vacation, and is talking about her favourite things. Mallory is an avid blog reader but has yet to start her own blog (something I hound her about ALL.THE.TIME) so everyone should go leave a comment telling her to start her own blog. Aaaand, go!


This is Mallory's oldest daughter. We were out for lunch on Saturday and she was repping Canada with her outfit. We ate at Boston Pizza and she kept watching the tv's, which were featuring the Olympics, and talking about Hockey and Curling. A future Olympian perhaps?

 photo signature-21.png

1 comment:

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com