January 20, 2014

30 Before 30...

I have Facebook to thank for my complete and utter meltdown regarding the fact that I am turning TWENTY-SEVEN this year.  You see, FB likes to remind you that a friends birthday is upcoming. If that friend so chooses it will also show what age they are turning. My cousin Joe's birthday is coming up in February and when I saw 28 in big bold letters I almost shit my pants. When did WE get old?! I swear it was just yesterday that our parents were nearing the age of 30 and now here we are

I started thinking about the fact that Joe turning 28 meant that Toni would be turning 29 this year. 29!. And then. Oh, and then. It hit me. I would be turning 27. Waay closer to 30 than it is to 20. And yet I swear I just turned 21. I certainly don't feel like an almost 27 year old. When I was young and thought of myself at 30 I imagined myself with grey hair, a minivan, and 2.5 kids. Obviously that is nowhere near my life (not a single grey hair thankyouverymuch)

So in the midst of my freak out I started writing out my bucket list. That thing is HUGE. As I've said, I'm a huge dreamer. I decided to cut it down into a 30 Before 30 list and then go from there. So without further adieu, my 30 Before 30 list:

K's 30 Before 30 List
To be completed by July 24 2017

1| Go one whole month without shopping 

2| Do something that scares me 
In June 2016 I crossed the border and got on a train (all by myself) to go 9 hours to spend the weekend with someone I had only spent a few hours with. Now we're almost a year into our relationship! 

3| Run a 10K 

4| Spend an entire paycheque at Target

5| Purchase a DSLR camera
Purchased in August 2015. Now just to figure it out....

6| Random Acts of Kindness on my birthday (27 for 27th, 28 for 28th, etc...)

7| Visit 5 new states  
Have visited 6/50 so far (MN, ND, NV, NY, PA, TX) so by age 30 must have visited at least 11 states. Have also driven through KS, MO, NE, NJ, OK, & SD but don't count them as visited
Visited Wisconsin in June 2016 and Missouri and Nebraska in August 2016. Two more to go!

8| Establish a consistent workout routine

9| Go an entire day without technology 

10| Take a weekend road trip to somewhere I've never been before 

11| Complete photo books 

12| Be completely credit card debt free 
Done! Hallelujah! In February 2017 I paid off one credit card (my original card that had the highest balance) and in April 2017 paid off my second (and last!) credit card

13|Watch a Blue Jays game at Rogers Centre

14| Make a cheesecake from scratch

15| See one of my favourite artists in concert
Saw Luke Bryan in Bismarck, ND on March 1/14 and saw Eric Church in Minneaopolis, MN on January 20/17

16| Take my Mama Bear to a curling event
Kenton, Kels, and I took Mama to the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in Moose Jaw Feb 13th-16th 2015 

17| Go vegetarian for 30 days

18| Learn how to pop a champagne cork  
Completed August 20th 2014. I still don't *like* to do it, but at least I know I can if I have to 
19Spend time re-connecting with old friends

20| Complete a month long photo challenge

21| Visit a winery

22| Send 30 postcards, cards, letters, or little gifts to friends or family

23| Create a seasonal capsule wardrobe

24| Complete 30 Pinterest 'projects'

25Learn how to sew
Got a sewing machine for Christmas 2014 and as of Feb/15 have made a few things. I'm well on my way to being a 'sewer'!

26| Try every recipe in a cookbook

27| Attend a professional development event 

28| Learn how to french braid my own hair

29| Read 5 classic books

30| Learn how to contour 



Whewwww, I'm exhausted just thinking about all this. Good thing I still have 3 1/2 years!

*Updated May 2017*


Anyone else have a 30 Before 30 list? 


8 comments:

  1. Who is your fav artist you want to see in concert? Run the half marathon in Disney world its called the Princess run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many favourites that I couldn't just pick one for the list so I left it vague for now haha. I want to do the Princess run at Disney but when I go I'm hoping my nieces will be going to so I'm not sure what we would do with them while we ran

      Delete
    2. When we are there in Feb its on I will come back with a detailed list on what the run is like:) You are making me want to make a list and check things off before I am 30!

      Delete
  2. Don't freak out! The thirties are the best years. Don't think of it as the end, think of it as the beginning! And you still have a while to go til then anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!
    (I can help you with French if you want ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think it's pretty good to make it to the late 20s with no gray hair! I hope I'm so blessed! :P But I love these kind of lists--I have one going to finish by my next birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kinda freaking out now that I read this because I turn 30 in October and I don't have a 30 by 30 list lol. Is it too late to start one haha? Might be a bit much for like 10 months lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just decided to do a 30x30... i only have a little over 3.5 moths to go (eek!!) check it out here; http://www.our-journey.co.uk/2014/02/turning-30-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com