December 9, 2013

Cookie Swap 2013...



I may have mentioned a million times  time or two last week that I was participating in a Cookie Swap on the weekend (I was excited, mmmmk?).  I'm happy to say that another successful Cookie Swap is in the books! We drank, we crafted, we ate, we laughed, we watched Love, Actually and, of course, we swapped cookies

Toni is working in 'the city' on weekends so I hitched a ride in with her the day of the swap so that I would be able to drink and still be able to head back to O-town that night. The only downside was that I was in 'the city' 3 hours before the swap even started. Which then meant that I went shopping and spent waaaay to much money. Story of my life...

After finishing all my errands (and many unnecessary purchases) I spent a half hour in the back of Ton's van putting the finishing touches on Christmas gifts for the ladies at the swap (more on those gifts in a post later this week!). Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

L picked me up and we headed to A's house for the swap. Here's how our swap worked: 

There are 7 of us in our little group. Each person had to make 7 dozen cookies - 6 to swap and one for themselves. We could make 7 dozen of one kind or an assortment of different goodies - it was up to each person to decide. The 'twin' ditched us for Disneyland so only the 6 of us attended (though she did make her cookies and sent them with me). We had also decided at our last town council meeting that we would drink and craft at the swap.  Each person had to come with an idea and the materials to make a Christmas ornament/craft. In hindsight this was a bad idea on my part because as soon as I got into the wine my productivity went right out the window. I managed to take a picture of the mess on the table and some of our ornaments together but it doesn't do our projects justice #bloggerfail

I'll try to get a picture of my ornaments this week and link to the instructions

The goodies. Mmmmmm

I picked up a Christmas photo prop set at Target when L and I went to Bismarck and it was the best $5 ever spent! We had so much fun and I will definitely be pulling them out again at Christmas 

1// Merry Christmas from Beaver Cove, Maine
2// A's tree with some of our goodies/presents
3// The packaging for the goodies I swapped
4// I put the goodies out for everyone when I got home
5// My hostess gift for A

Linking up with Sami for the last time for awhile (and possibly EVER. Insert sad face here!)
Sami's Shenanigans

 photo signature-21.png

5 comments:

  1. This looks like it was SUCH a fun girls night!! Cookies and crafts and wine ... fabulous idea my friend! Soooo what type of cookies did you decide on making?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fun!!!! I really need to host one of these next year- you really can't go wrong with cookies and crafts! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to participate in a Cookie Swap but I hate to bake! I guess I will never be invited to one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so very much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! A cookie swap! What a great idea!

    I'm having a Weekend Recap linkup on my blog ! Would love for you to be a part of it :)

    Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com