July 19, 2013

Why I'm Moving to Minnesota...


Last Thursday the Twin, Toni, and I took off on a 9 hour across-the-border road trip to Minneapolis to dognap Cosmo,  shop  at the Mall of America,  run the Color Run! But you aren't going to find any information about the Color Run today because it deserves a post all to itself - so you'll just have to wait until Tuesday to find out why the Color Run was the BEST THING EVER. For now I will recap the non running related activities from the trip and the reasons why I am moving to Minnesota


1. We had to document our first time in Minnesota. Here the girls are gassing up Eleanor (also her first time in MN...) in Moorhead

2. Taking pictures in front of our hotel while waiting for the shuttle to the MOA (that was literally across the street from our hotel). We didn't get to the hotel until 2:00 am Minneaopolis time on Thursday night so getting up early on Friday morning was a no go. I think we finally made it to he mall just after 11:00

3. Our first stop was for lunch at Dick's Last Resort. The bartender talked me into getting a beer-garita. But letsbehonest - I've been wanting to try one for forever so it wasn't hard to persuade me. And now I have a huge ass wine drinking cup #winning

4. Friday afternoon we got our hair done at the Blast Blow Dry Bar. Love love LOVED it!  I'd much rather fork over some $ and have someone else do my hair than have to do it myself. Toni and I had wanted to try a blow dry bar in Vegas and just never did so it was a must for this trip

5. The Twin and Toni at Billy's in St.Paul on Friday night, where we met Kate for supper for my first ever blate. PS - trying to explain who she is to people in real life is hard. Trying to explain how I met her on the internet, but not in THAT way, is super hard. (Just because I'm single does not mean I am into girls, MmmmK people) I'm glad that now I can call her an IRL friend and won't have so much explaining to do!

6. Before we headed out to to downtown Minneapolis on Friday night (why am I always the only one holding a drink in pictures?!)


1. We met Kate at Billy's in St. Paul and had drinks/supper on the patio. One of my items on my to do list for the trip was to eat on a patio - I'm sure she must have gotten annoyed with how many times I pointed out how cute the patio was and how I wished we had an outdoor patio to dine on anywhere close to home. (I'm moving to MN asap). Anywho. Kate is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Meeting someone you feel like you know but have never actually met is a weird thing to do.  I worried that it would be awkward or that we wouldn't have anything to talk about but it was all good. I'm so glad I was able to meet Kate IRL and thankful to Kassie for pairing us together for the Blogger Swag Swap where we were able to get to know each other better!

2. COSMO! The whole reason for the trip . Meeting Cosmo didn't go quite like I had envisioned. In my mind we would instantly become best friends, making it easy for my to surreptitiously dognap him and take him back to Canadaland. Unfortunately meeting 3 strangers at once was a little much for Cosmo but I did get a lick on my elbow so that's something right? Maybe the next time I visit  my dognapping plans will work out... 

3. Ninja Turtles at the mall. You bet your ass if Michelangelo would've been there (with some pizza of course...) I would've been all over that 

4. Kids would build a city out of legos and each night employees would painstakingly take every single piece of lego apart. You couldn't pay me enough to do that job

5. Fanci-ness in the mall

6. I had my fair share of drinks on the weekend. That's what vacations are all about though, right?! (Someone please agree with me so I don't look like an alcoholic...)


1. We ate at Twin City Grill in the mall on Sunday night. The food was delish and the service was amazing. I don't know if I have ever had that great of service before in my entire (almost) 26 years. I will definitely go back!

2. I couldn't go a weekend without my favourite wine. They had mini bottles (that you can't get here of course) that I LOVED. AND there was no pesky cork getting in the way of my drinking

3. My version of a morning mimosa to commiserate the fact that we had to head home and back to reality :(

4. We stopped in Albertville at the Premium Outlets on our way home and we grabbed some TCBY before we got back on the road again. I'm always so jealous when everyone IG's photos of their fro-yo and I have nowhere to get any. Just another reason I'm moving to to the great state of Minnesota...

Kate had given me a list of things to do/see while we were visiting but unfortunately we didn't make it to many places outside of Bloomington and the MOA. BUT that just means that I definitely have to go back soon to tackle that list! I WILL get back before the end of the year - See you soon Minnesota!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun trip. Those poor employees that have to take down the lego city everyday. After about 5 minutes of taking apart legos my fingers hurt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com