April 15, 2013

Winnipeg Wedding...


My weekend started at 3:00 on Friday. I went into work  for the day early and skipped my lunch break so I could leave. I had a hair appointment in 'the city' and then a million things to do to get ready for the weekend and for Vegas

 
Just after my hair appointment- excited for vacay to officially start!

I had an early morning wake up call for Saturday morning. Myself , the Twin, and three work friends headed up to Winnipeg for our friend (and coworkers) wedding. I was up at 4 am to start getting ready for the wedding. Hair and makeup had to be done ahead of time because we weren't sure if we would be able to check into our hotel room before the ceremony

5 am and ready for the day... a lot of caffeine was consumed on the 4 hour drive to Winnipeg!

When we arrived at the hotel we (luckily) were able to check in early. We headed up the room with half hour to spare before we needed to head down to the ceremony. Five people trying to get ready in one room is no bueno!

Amanda's  husband Norman is Inuit and was born and raised in Nunavut and Amanda moved to Rankin with her family when she was 12 years old, so the wedding ceremony was performed in both English and Inuktitut. It was such an amazing experience to be exposed to the different culture. Everything about the wedding was beautiful - Amanda did an amazing job with all the little touches that brought everything together. And her dress was GORGEOUS

Amanda and Norman giving the Thank You speech. You can't tell in the picture, but Norman is wearing a seal skin vest made by a family member- just another part of their culture that was incorporated into the wedding 

 This was such a special treat - two women - both from different communities in Nunavut- demonstrated Throat Singing. Amanda realized we were confused about what was about to happen so she came to our table and explained what was going on. These women faced off and then sang, from their throats, with the objective being to last until you can get the other person to laugh or smile. In the picture they were throat singing what sounded like the river running over the rocks. It was AMAZING!

Myself and the Twin at the reception. Let's just say there was an open bar and a few drinks had already been consumed by this point...

SS and the Twin

 JB and SJ

The bride's Dad took a bunch of group photos of us all and I can't wait until we get them from him. With the whole open bar situation I wasn't thinking too much about picture taking...

Sunday morning we were up by 10 so we could get some shopping in before we had to head back to Sk. I didn't do a ton of shopping since I leave for Vegas tonight but I did snag a few things that made my day

Kernels popcorn - My high school BFF lived there in College and every time she visited she would bring me back Kernels. I was so excited when I saw the store in the mall
And of course I had to hit up VS and Sephora - can't pass those two up!

I've been wanting the Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay for FOREVER. I'd been thinking of grabbing it at Sephora in Vegas but decided I just couldn't wait anymore. I got a really good deal on it in the end so I'm glad I didn't wait

 I can't wait to use it in Vegas!

As you can see it was a busy weekend filled with lots of early mornings and lots of time spent on the highway but I'm so glad I got to watch my friend Amanda M become Amanda E :)

Now it's time for Vegas!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. You have to let me know about the Naked 2 - I want it bad.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegas is here already? Whooo! Have a wonderful time and tell me everything about it! Seriously, I'm counting on you to show me how it's done and I'm anxiously awaiting your Vegas post (unless you posted it during my blogless week, in which place, please let me know)! And I have to tell you that you looked absolutely lovely in all the pics of you from the weekend! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN times!!!!!!!! Have an awesome Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to try Naked 2!!! I need to get it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com