September 30, 2012

A little help please?

 
 I got to experience how un-family friendly my hometown grocery
store is this weekend 
I watched Rae and Graycie for a few hours on Saturday while
 Toni attended a trade show in 'the city' 
I prepared supper beforehand (because lets face it,I am soo not capable
 of being able to get supper ready while also making sure the girls don't
 kill each other) but I had forgotten a few ingredients so I needed to
make a pit stop at the grocery store
I had every intention of doing this on my own but ran out of time before I had to
go grab the girls and their sitter in the Mom-mobile
I was extremely nervous about having both girls in the store with me
(I am still having flashbacks to a week ago at the grocery store in 'the city'
where Graycie had an epic meltdown for 20 minutes and everyone in the
store thought we were trying to murder her)
However, I was SHOCKED at how unbelieably well behaved
the girls were in the store
Not a fuss, not a tear, not a whine
They were soooo good they each got to pick a treat while at the checkout
I should have known that something bad was bound to happen
This grocery store does not allow you to take the carts out of the store
Now, normally I can load both arms up full of groceries (I'm talking at least
6 bags on each arm - I lived in a three story apartment building, on the
3rd floor of course- so I got used to getting everything in one trip)
Here was my dilemma:
Balancing a 2 year old on one hip, with a heavy purse in hand, trying to
cross the street and dig the van keys out (and keep the 6 year old from
getting hit by a car) while also juggling two bags of HEAVY groceries
(could they not have thrown a few light things in a bag for Rae to carry?!)
AND THEN I DROPPED THE VAN KEYS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD
Upside: better than dropping the 2 year old ;)
Where are the carry out people when you need them?!
Yes, I may have only had two bags of groceries.
BUT I ALSO HAD TWO KIDS TO GET ACROSS THE STREET
UGHH...
Next time we'll be eating whatever we already have
No more grocery store outings for this girl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at krmathison@ hotmail.com